Whether you have been an RV owner for years, or you are just getting started with your first home on wheels, you already know that RVs can be expensive toys to own. They come with plenty of upkeep that has to be done to maintain all the working parts. But one thing you may not have been prepared for was how pricey it would be to keep the roof in good repair. RV roofs are surprisingly delicate, and one way to make them last longer is to apply protective RV coatings. Liquid EPDM is a type of rubber in paint form that creates a durable seal over your RV roof and protects it from damage.
Beyond protecting your roof from holes and wear and tear, though, there are other ways that RV coatings can save you money. Here’s a list of the many ways that these products help you keep your RV owner budget under control:
- Liquid RV coatings help your RV run more efficiently. By adding a layer of insulation, they help keep in the heat during the winter. And in the hot weather, these coatings actually reflect UV rays away from your camper, keeping it cooler. That means lower electricity costs, fewer chances that an internal fan will break, and less sweating or freezing for you.
- Liquid RV coatings are waterproof. One of the biggest problems that RV roofs face is water leaks, which cause mildew and rot to invade your getaway. That can impact more than just the roof – the floor, walls, cabinets, and belongings inside can also be damaged. By preventing water from getting through to the roof, these barriers are ideal for making sure that your whole RV lasts longer.
- You can DIY RV coatings. Other repairs and sealants often have to be done by professionals at the dealership, which costs you a lot of money and time. But liquid EPDM can be applied by any handyman with a paint roller. You only need time to let the coating cure and you’ve got everything you need.
- You won’t be worried about tree branches when your roof is well protected by RV coatings, which means you may save money by staying in less-than-pristine camping spots. Some campgrounds charge premium prices for lots that are free of potential hazards, which you won’t have to worry about.
- You don’t have to buy any special equipment to apply RV coatings to the roof. Unlike some jobs that an RV requires, like plumbing fixes, you don’t need special tools or equipment to protect the roof. Any old paint roller will do.
These are just some of the ways that RV coatings help you save big bucks. Of course, the biggest savings comes from the fact that you won’t have to replace or repair your roof for many years – in most cases, RV coatings protect your roof for up to a decade! Schedule an application of protective sealant for your RV to start saving money on your favorite hobby.